This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click or make a purchase, I make a little cash at no extra cost to you. I’ll probably use it to feed my dog. Thanks for feeding Sadie. (Don’t worry, she gets food regardless)
This past week I turned 24! Life has changed so much in the past year. I got married, moved, completed my internship, finished my Master’s degree, moved again, started a new job, and celebrated our first married Christmas! If you would have told me a year ago where I would be today, there is no way I would have believed you. God has thrown so much my way, and I have trusted Him through every step, even when things seemed impossible.
The New Year and another year of life for me signifies endless possibilities. It’s easy to make a list of New Year’s Resolutions that you may or may not stick to. For my 24th year, I really wanted to study my heart and pick twenty four specific things to accomplish this year. Twenty four things that make me happy. Twenty four things that I will be proud of. I’m talking the moments that you frame on a shelf and smile every time you look at it. Life should be filled with more moments like that.
For me, 24 will be a year filled with them.
- Run another half marathon.
Travel outside of the United States.(Mexico– April 2017)
- Buy our first house. and throw a housewarming party😊 (planned for 2018!)
- Visit a state park outside of Texas (I’m thinking Zion, Big Bend or the Grand Canyon!)
- Find a church home, and do volunteer work with them.
Visit our friends in Tennessee.(July 2017)
- Treat myself to manicures more than a few times a year- I deserve it😊
- Pray more, and rely on God’s plans instead of my own.
- Develop an e-course (topic still pending😉)
- Experiment more in the kitchen.
- Go one month without shopping.
- Diversify my stock portfolio. (I’m a nerd, I know)
- Unplug completely for a weekend.
- Begin tithing at church.
- Do another 5k/mud run/anything run with my husband.
Take another cooking class at Sur La Table. (pasta making class! read about it here.)
- Host three parties. (we LOVE to host!)
Start another garden. (Spring 2017)
- Surprise Andrew with tickets to a hockey game.
- Visit Harry Potter World! (husband, are you reading this😉)
- Try a kickboxing class.
- Treat myself to a professional massage.
Buy actual grown up furniture! A dresser, specifically.(Does a new couch count?!)
- Give a homeless person a warm meal.
Whatever makes you happy and fills up your pineapple cup, do more of that.
Thanks for keeping up with this little journey of ours.